- Baby Steps with Xamarin on Android – Part 1: Xamarin has been getting a lot of limelight these days primarily because it lets you write Android and iOS apps with C#. Mike Taulty has a nice write-up here to introduce Xamarin with Visual Studio.
- Testing and debugging geofencing apps: geofencing enables an application to respond to changes in location, so that application can become smart enough to let the user do some activity when he is at particular location. This article shows how to test and debug geofencing with a windows 8.1 app with variety of scenarios.
- SocialGoal – ASP.NET MVC 5, EF 6 Code First, AutoMapper, Autofac, TDD and DDD Sample Site: Shiju Varghese and team brought multiple technologies together in to a sample reference web application. Source code is available on github.
- Understanding .Net Attributes: detailed write-up with examples to understand what are attributes in .Net
- Microsoft Open Specifications Poster v2: Open Specifications Posters make it easy for interoperability developers to explore the Open Specifications overview documents for Office client, Lync, SharePoint, Office file formats, Exchange Server, SQL Server, and Windows.
- Maiden Name Modeling: modeling a domain model, data model, or any other data structure representing information for the real world involves infinite number of possibilities. In this article, Jeffrey Palermo shows two ways to model the same data in a real scenario.
- Converting AutoMapper to a Portable Class Library: in this article, Jimmy Bogard shows the process of converting AutoMapper to PCL and also highlights the benefits.
- New Web Features in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 CTP2: Visual Studio team announced a new update today for VS 2013 and they added couple of handy features the editor such as SAAS and JSON editing capabilities.
- ASP.NET Project “Helios”: as frameworks like MVC, WebAPI, and SignalR don’t fit nicely into the LOB model which made ASP.NET famous. Helios pairs the granular control offered by self-hosted scenarios with the benefits offered by being hosted inside IIS.