- Azure Scheduler 103 – internals and details behind scheduled jobs: Kevin Lam and Scott Hanselman dive into details of Azure scheduled jobs. In this 15 minute video, they show what is possible on the portal and what can be done using the REST API provided by RDFE using Fiddler.
- Cloud Design Patterns from Microsoft-Patters and Practices: Patterns and Practices team at Microsoft has compiled a list of Twenty-four design patterns and ten related guidance topics related to cloud and azure.Code samples and advice on using each pattern is also included.
- Announcing Dynamic Data provider and EntityDataSource control for Entity Framework 6: Microsoft released Dynamic Data provider and EntityDataSource control for EF6. More information on ASP.NET DynamicData can be found here.
- Step-by-step guide to setup and use github with VS 2013: in this article Michael Crump shows how to setup and use github with Visual Studio 2013.
- Azure WebJobs SDK - Who wrote that blob?: A nifty features of the Azure WebJobs SDK is to show who wrote a blob, which will be very helpful while debugging. This article shows how to use this useful feature.
- Resources vs Exceptions in .Net: This article talks about an interesting problem about cleaning up of unmanaged resources that are in a ‘using’ statement when multiple resources were allocated and one of the resource throws an exception.
- Azure Table Storage Abstractions: Scott Allen shows a code example with explanations on creating a better abstraction to access Azure Table Storage.
- AddCollection and FragmentableQueue – Performance optimized collections: This codeproject article discusses performance issues related to List<T> and how to overcome those while adding/inserting new elements.
- New CPU Usage tool in the Performance and Diagnostics hub in Visual Studio 2013: This article will give an overview of the features of new CPU Usage tool and detailed walk through with a specific example.